[furniture as memory]
spotted at domus while attending the modern atlanta event…
a thoughtful new design from milan: rememberme chair by tobias juretzek
- made entirely from compressed cotton clothes & resin, every chair is unique through its material.
- worn-out clothes, kept for emotional reasons, draw characteristic markings on the chair.
- rememberme chair wants to achieve more than pure functionality.
- instead of being a dumb servant, it tells an individual story.
- clothes carry numerous adventures, memories, and stories.
- the chair transports this to a new expression.
the design is reminiscent of droog’s rag chair: it embodies upcycling while giving new life to objects which are unconscious memory capsules.
the race towards the future + the desire to keep the past alive = modern coexistence